Friday, March 30, 2012

Sins of the Angels and Sins of the Son


Sins of the Angels
by Linda Poitevin is book one in the Grigori Legacy series which is set (primarily) in Canada and introduces the beleaguered detective Alexandra Jarvis that the struggle between angels and their fallen brethren centers around.  My Amazon review is at link


Sins of the Son is the recently released second book in the series.  Alexandra continues to be at the center of a struggle that will determine the fate of mankind.  This gritty read provides insight into the pressures that can cause even angelic beings to start on the slippery slope of sinning in order to a achieve a greater good.  My Amazon review is at this link

I struggle with this series because although it is an inventive twist on the traditional good versus evil theme but I really prefer a 'happy ever after' or at least a 'happy for now' ending to my stories.  These tale have a darker tone and I was really dismayed by the events in the second book even more than I was by the ending of the first...which I complained about for days after reading it!  The author is very adept at creating tortured characters faced with crises of conscience and virtually impossible choices and I find myself cringing at the experiences that they are suffering through even though I want to know what is going to happen.  I do like strength in my female characters but I am not sure that these are going to survive the crucible that they are subjected to...but I guess that is what keeps me reading the series, right?  A curiosity about what more can happen and how will these people cope?


I received copies of these works in return for an honest review

1 comment: