Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Luminous

Luminous  

by Corrina Lawson is a an intriguing science-fiction novella that is part of the Phoenix Institute series.  I particularly liked the fact that the superhero is actually a superheroine!  Now, I don't know if the current convention is similar to using the term actor to be genderless and whether I should just call Noir (who dresses all in black) a superhero but she has pretty neat powers.  The flavor of this book was similar to reading a comic book in novel form but it was a very fun read.  This is apparently a quick read to whet one's appetite for the longer novels (similar to Thea Harrison's novellas) but there is a nice combination of action, romance and geeky science ideas with the requisite evil villain(ess).  I am looking forward to reading the rest of the novels in the series.

Updated 9/13/12

My Amazon review for Luminous is at this link under ELF2060.  As always, a 'yes, this was helpful' vote is appreciated.  My Amazon review of Phoenix Rising is at this link.  The sequel, Phoenix Legacy will be available in November of this year and I will read and review in a few days.



Please see the SOS Aloha blog at this link for an interview with Corrina Lawson.



I remind those of you who are e-book readers that there are many sites that have weekly chats and there are frequently e-book giveaways on the blogs (I have won 3 books, Godiva chocolate--thank you Lisa Renee Jones! and 2 giftcards--thanks to Prism books and Coffee Time Romance, in the past week!) and don't forget there are plenty of contests out there...please see my post at this link.  I update it or make new posts as I come across new contests during my wanderings.  I don't have enough time to do all of the blog hops and scavenger hunts but there are definitely plenty of them out there!

2 comments: