Friday, December 12, 2014

Bloodbound by Erin Lindsey (review)

I've had the pleasure of reading some wonderful fantasy novels over the past few weeks, one of which is:


                                           




The Bloodbound by Erin Lindsey is a stirring fantasy tale that features Alix Black, a scout who becomes pivotal in her king’s struggle to survive. Her unexpected duties force her to stretch her wings and learn to adapt, just as her king is forced to, but she faces challenges that her hard-won skills and privileged background have not prepared her for. Unfortunately, she may not survive long enough to learn how to cope with the decisions she must make, especially when her heart and her loyalty lead her in different directions.
       

This exciting and enthralling tale provides a delicious adventure that centers around a strong, opinionated female, and a war-torn land that features both mystical and pragmatic elements. I loved that the action started immediately and continued escalating, even as I learned more about the various characters. I was a little taken aback by the heroine’s actions in a couple of situations, since I thought they were out of character...tiptoeing around outside the castle in one’s nightgown...(somehow, I don’t think so!) but overall, I really enjoyed the story and definitely hope that this world gets revisited. Some of the conflicts are a bit too readily resolved and this is definitely not a tale for the squeamish but those who enjoy tales of bravery and loyalty mixed with a little chaos and magic will be delighted to find a fun and exciting adventure to read and undoubtedly will be intrigued to realize that the author also writes under the name of E.L. Tettensor. Fair warning, once I started reading, I was hooked, so schedule your time accordingly, especially if you plan to get any sleep! I look forward to reading more tales by this talented author!

© Night Owl Reviews 

I received a copy of this title in return for an honest review.
 





Have you read any good fantasy books lately?  Feel free to share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment