Friday, February 27, 2015

Trust No One by Jayne Anne Krentz (review)





4 out of 5 stars





Trust No One by Jayne Anne Krentz follows the path of Grace Elland, whose life makes it difficult to believe in the positive affirmations she is known for promoting after she finds her boss murdered.   Julius Arkwright isn't thrilled to have been set up on a blind date with Grace, but he has two maxims he lives by, one of which is to 'trust no one', which makes his attachment to the unexpectedly complex Grace surprising to them both.  An escalating threat to her makes her wary of more than just the motives of the man who seems determined to insinuate himself into her life and who understands more about her than she realizes.  The question is whether she is going to survive long enough to solve any of the mysteries that are surrounding her. 





-->
This romantic suspense tale has plenty of twists and turns as the story unfolds with the flair that is characteristic of this talented author.  There were entertaining interactions between the determinedly cheerful heroine and the wary and opinionated hero but I wasn't quite as convinced of their immediate chemistry as I usually am and some of the secondary characters were a little frustrating and not well-developed enough to me.   I do enjoy the warm fuzzy feeling engendered by Grace's unconditional understanding of the type of man she knows Julius to be and the flowering of their relationship, and I love that Grace has unexpected depths, while I cheer at her self-reliance, even though she knows she has an ex-military man to depend on.  This is a fun and entertaining read and the glimpse of an upcoming release from this author definitely whetted my appetite for the next story from one of my favorite authors.


© Night Owl Reviews 

I received a copy of this title in return for an honest review.
 

2 comments:

  1. I used to read her books under all her different names and I love the dust bunnies in some of her stories. But I stopped reading her a while back when it seemed that her books just didn't grab my attention and keep it the way they once had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that, Mary. I love her paranormal series and always drop whatever else I am reading to catch up on this series and I usually enjoy her contemporary romantic suspense stories but this one didn't grab me as much as they usually do.

    ReplyDelete