Friday, March 16, 2018

Saturday Seven: Favorite cozy mystery series



My late great-nephew took it upon himself to send my MIL a fruit and vegetable box...to a woman who eats very little of either. The Rainbow Chard above was so striking, I had to take a picture of it. I love Swiss chard, so I am hoping this has a similar taste!






These are in no particular order, and I am sadly behind on most of these series, but the ones I've read, I've enjoyed immensely! Sadly, several of the authors are no longer with us, but in a couple of cases their offspring have continued the series. I realize that some of the series may not "technically" cozy mysteries, but for me, they aren't the gritty and intense mysteries that I have also enjoyed...


    


Amazingly enough, I wasn't enamored with the heroine (who occasionally frustrated me!) but I LOVED the idea of the ghost communicating by writing in the diary.

     


I'm hopelessly inept at sewing, so I am always in awe of those who have the patience and expertise to do these works of art. Each of these titles has a different quilt on the cover, which fascinated me, plus I loved the stories.

    

Florida, pets, hunky brother and his even hunkier partner, what more could I ask for?

     

Yes, I love stories with talking animals, and the snarky conversations between these fur-purrsons always entertained me!


    

Now that I think of it, perhaps I should have done a Saturday Seven with the animal mystery series I loved, lol.

    

These have an interesting mystical twist (as if one needs even more than a cat who calls the Chief of Police on a cell phone, lol)

    

I was so sad when this series was discontinued, as I thought it was a very unique one that explored the idea of AI (artificial intelligence).


And a bonus...


 

There are several more that I could name, but the most recent in the series is fresh in my mind since I just reviewed Lethal in Old Lace, I will end with this fun series that is set in Savannah! My review is at this link.



Please note that I have just included a title or two from the series, not necessarily the first one...or in order, and they may require a treasure hunt through used bookstores or library sales to find, but I found all of them a lot of fun. I hope you give one or two a try and let me know what you think!


Please visit Long and Short Reviews and the other folks participating in the hop. A follow, newsletter sign-up, or a comment about the post is always appreciated,



Peggy Jaeger  
M.T. DeSantis  

Lisabet Sarai (giveaway too!)  
Welcome to My World of Dreams  
Megan Slayer  
 Marianne Arkins  
Lydia Schoch  



16 comments:

  1. Fun list, Elf. Most of these I haven't read, but they all sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisabet, I appreciate you taking the time to visit and comment, and I am in awe at all of the places you've been. I enjoyed your post https://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com/2018/03/seven-places-to-revisit-saturdayseven.html and the quick armchair tour!

      Delete
  2. Oh my GOSH... Aunt Dimity! Love that series so much. I wonder if there's a reason there are so many cats in cozy mysteries? In what way does "cat-ness" lend itself to the story so well... hmmm...

    In any case, I am here! http://www.mariannearkins.com/saturday-seven-authors-i-know-irl/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because cats themselves are such enigmas, lol. Thanks for coming by, Marianne!

      Delete
  3. Oh, BTW, rainbow chard tastes exactly like swiss chard :-) I actually grew some in my flower garden last year because it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you made me feel much better about cooking it...and we enjoyed it tonight!

      Delete
  4. That rainbow chard looks delicious.

    I haven't read a lot of cozy mysteries, but these sound interesting.

    My post: http://lydiaschoch.com/saturday-seven-books-with-green-covers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go through phases, Lydia, and switched over once I was tired of reading the gory and gritty ones. Most of them are great fun and the quirky characters ALMOST make you forget there is a dead body or two playing a role in the story.

      Delete
  5. What a fun list. I've read a little of all of them. Can't seem to get into the Rita Mae Brown series but who knows?

    I feel as if I'm stealing from all of you since I didn't get my blog done today...nonetheless, I'll enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you took the time to visit, Kathy, no stealing involved! I loved the way Mrs. Murphy and Tee interacted and worked together, even with their complaining third wheel, lol.

      Delete
  6. P.S. That is BEAUTIFUL swiss chard. Spring-like to see on such a cold day here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wimpy folks are complaining because it's been raining and more is expected, but I confess that I have tomato plants sprouting all over the place!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for playing and it must be a mystery week! I loved Aunt Dimity and will put the rest on my TBR list. Fun reading ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was such a fun idea, and I am SLOWLY remembering to participate, lol. I hope you let me know what you think of them once you read some of these titles!

      Delete
  8. Ooh!! nice list. I have quite a few of these on my tbr list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them and come back to comment (lol, IF you can find your way back!) Great to see you, Wendi!

      Delete