Friday, March 30, 2018

Saturday Seven...Easy random acts of kindness...

California poppies from last year





Since many of us are celebrating Easter (and the end of LENT!!!), I thought it was appropriate to reflect on ways to make the world a better place, one small step at a time...


Seven easy (and free) random acts of kindness


Smile at a stranger (um, be careful that he/she doesn't think you're flirting...unless you are, of course)

Grab an extra shopping cart for someone (it's always fun to see the surprise on someone's face when you save them those extra few steps, especially if they are elderly)

Unload someone's groceries for them (pregnant mom, elderly person, handicapped person)

Share a coupon

Hold a door open

Offer a steadying arm/hand to someone struggling up a step or so

Let someone else go first





***********************

Share with us in the comments the little things you do to brighten a stranger's day...

As always, thanks to Long and Short Reviews for this fun theme...please visit them for a list of everyone who is participating (and check back throughout the day, because more names get added)

4. Marianne Arkins  7. Megan Slayer  
2. Lisabet Sarai (giveaway too!)  5. Welcome to my World of Dreams  

3. Peggy Jaeger  6. Lydia Schoch  


12 comments:

  1. I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in ourselves we forget this stuff. I was sitting at the counter of a local restaurant the other day when I saw a woman trying to get a wheelchair in through the door. It took me a few moments to even think about helping, and that's sad. I did pop up and help eventually, but IMHO it should be a knee jerk reaction. Thanks!

    I'm here: http://www.mariannearkins.com/saturday-seven-seven-horror-books-made-into-movies/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love surprising folks with a small act of kindness because it not only makes me feel good about myself but it brightens their days as well. Thanks for dropping by, Marianne!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful!!! and so apropos the season and tomorrow's holiday! #bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Peggy. Great to see you!

      Delete
  3. What lovely ideas. I live in a neighbourhood that has a high percentage of people who are senior citizens. While not every senior needs help with stuff like opening doors or carrying groceries, I do try to keep an eye out for the ones I know could use a hand due to mobility issues, etc.

    My Saturday Seven post: http://lydiaschoch.com/saturday-seven-rabbit-tales/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful that you do so, Lydia. I know that those I have asked have generally brightened up, even when they didn't accept help. It's truly the thought that counted in several of those cases. Thanks for popping in!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for playing this week! What wonderful ideas and all of them very easy to implement in your daily life. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belated Happy Easter to you as well! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  5. Great list. I wish more people thought this way. :-) Awesome Job.
    Here's my post: https://wendizwaduk.wordpress.com/2018/04/01/saturday-seven-with-meganslayer-favorite-flawed-characters-on-television-saturday7-longshortreviews/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all get so busy and stressed but practicing little acts of kindness allows us to take a breath (because, Lord knows, you can't rush a frail elderly person anywhere, lol). Thanks for dropping in, Wendi!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely post for Easter weekend, ELF!

    When someone comes up behind me in the grocery line with only a couple of items, I always let them go first. It all boils down treating other people the way we'd like to be treated.

    ReplyDelete