Friday, December 14, 2012

Burt's Bees Night Cream

One of my fellow bloggers (Mary at Dark Thoughts) introduced me to something called Bzz Agents and one of the activities conducted is what they call campaigns.  Ironically, the first campaign that I qualified for was to test something called Burt's Bees Intense Hydration products (bzz--bees--how apropos).  Imagine my surprise when the box arrived with multiple samples for me to share (provided I told people I was a Bzz Agent) and three full size products from Burt's Bees--all were the Intense Hydration varieties, for dry skin, and there was a Treatment Mask, Cream Cleanser and Night Cream.  I was a little apprehensive because they had something called "Clary Sage" and I tend to be sensitive to strong scents.  What a refreshing surprise to have a scent that conjured up a sense of freshness without overpowering me with a strong perfume.  One of my friends who is also very prone to irritation from strong aromas had no complaints about this fragrance either.

I have very fair and sensitive skin and I don't wear makeup and I am very careful about what kind of soap I use on my face.  Unfortunately, I have reached the age where I have lots of fine wrinkles, especially around the corners of my eyes, and given that I live in what is known as the high desert, between the heat and the wind--my face is starting to become pretty weathered.  I have started using a moisturizing lotion before I exit the house (most days, although I am known to be forgetful about it) and over the past year I have noticed that my skin does not look quite so wrinkly but there were still noticeable lines and I was still very aware that I had put lotion on my face no matter how well I tried to rub it in.  I was amazed to start using the Burt's Bees Intensive Hydration Cream Cleanser and discover that my face didn't feel tight and dry after it was washed and then a very small amount of Burt's Bees Intensive Hydration Night Cream rubbed into my face was enough to keep my skin supple and moist WITHOUT that greasy feeling that most creams inflict.  A very thin layer and I was delighted to feel moisturized throughout the next day without feeling like my skin was greasy or weighed down.  My fine wrinkles are lessened and my skin feels fantastic.  I would highly recommend this product to anyone who lives in an area where your skin feels dry.

I do offer one warning...the instructions on the tubes say not to use this product around the eyes...and I, naturally am most concerned with the wrinkles around my eyes caused by my frequent squinting so of course I blithely disregarded the instructions.  I do smooth it very carefully NEAR my eyes and admit that my eyes do burn a little when I get the cream too close to avoid blinking it into the edges of my eyes.

I have only tried the Burt's Bees Intensive Hydration Treatment Mask once as it seemed to moisturize a little too much for me and my eyes seemed more uncomfortable when I used this product but it definitely makes one's skin feel more moisturized.

One thing to remember, especially when contemplating the price of this product, is, 'less is more', i.e. not much product is needed for any particular treatment.  That is my biggest problem, trying to remember not to squeeze the tubes too vigorously but other than that, I am delighted with this set of products and will definitely purchase more in the future.  Thanks to the Bzz website at this link and Burt's Bees for the lovely samples.

   


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me and my blog. :)

    So glad you are liking the samples you are getting from BzzAgent. I just did a campaign too and got a bunch of free products. It's like Christmas when I get a big box of stuff to try and some to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty amazing to get the box, I couldn't believe how generous they were. Thank you so much for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome. Glad you are liking it as much as I am.

    ReplyDelete