Friday, December 21, 2012

Tart (adult title)

Tart   
by Lauren Dane is the start of the 'Delicious' series but it is set in the same town and continues to give glimpses of the charismatic family and friends from the 'Brown Siblings' series.  I love those intense characters with their complicated lives and enjoyed the opportunity to see what is going on as Gillian and Adrian's wedding celebration nears.  I thought the dynamics were a little strange at first as one stalled relationship becomes more intense and suddenly mirrors the relationship that Erin has with her lovers but I quickly became enthralled by the exploration of the insecurities of the main characters even as they engage in a very steamy relationship.  I still have yet to read Brody's story (Coming Undone) but Tart is going on my keeper shelf with the rest of the series and I can't wait to read more in the current series.  My Amazon review is at this link.

The Brown Siblings books are:  Laid Bare, Coming Undone, Inside Out, and Never Enough.  There is a e-novella (Laid Open) that continues the story of Ben, Erin and Todd and describes events that overlap with the action in Tart.  A very sensual and mesmerizing series that features amazing body art on the covers and showcases the author's ability to present unconventional love affairs in a beautiful and moving fashion.

       


And, don't forget that I have a giveaway for a soon to be released print copy of Alexa Egan's debut novel, Demon's Curse, as part of the Gifting Books blog hop at this link!  Open to U.S. residents only.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know about this. I've read one of her books and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I discovered the series last year and have been slowly collecting the individual books. I am a big library user (given my book consumption, I can't afford to buy all of the books I read!) so I read these through the library and have been slowly purchasing them. I love that these characters have such complicated lives and everyday stresses yet the love they feel for each other definitely gives them strength and support to triumph.

    ReplyDelete