Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Silvered

The Silvered   

by Tanya Huff is an impressive fantasy story that combines the typical quest trope with the paranormal elements of wolf shape-shifters in a tale that is absolutely enthralling.  There is a fair amount of violence that is a bit disturbing but the stark emotionalism detailed about characters who practically leap off of the page (yes, I can occasionally come up with tongue-in-cheek references) make this another of this very talented author's masterpieces.  I have been a long-time fan of this author and I am anxiously awaiting an addition to her sci-fi series about Torin Kerr (the Valor series) but, wow, this certainly is a satisfying detour.  There are certain elements that I was a little disappointed about since I am an incurable optimist but I definitely understand the need for these developments in order for the story to progress.  One of the things that I am always impressed by is an author's ability to tweak something that is conventionally accepted as a paradigm and the new application of the 'healing' ability was definitely startling.  I can only hope that there will be many more tales in this mesmerizing universe that is populated by determined beings who can definitely change their world if force of will has anything to do with it.

My Amazon review is at this link.  Be forewarned...I gush, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Don't ya just love it when you find a book you can gush over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do indeed, and have been very fortunate to have read several in the past couple of weeks that just leave me with the best feeling!

    ReplyDelete