Submission CallDeadline is September 1, 2016
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow because we’ll be heating up this sexy December anthology.
I am looking for your best winter stories. Are your characters cuddled up inside while a blizzard rages, or are they snowbirds spending Christmas Day on the beach in the tropics? Who belongs on Santa’s Naughty List? Is your billionaire a Scrooge? Is this the year they come out to their family? Do they have a special someone to kiss when the ball drops?
While the theme is winter, you may also add in your favorite December holiday, but this is not mandatory. I’m looking for compelling stories with compelling characters and a rich plot as well as beautiful poetry.
- Your story should be set between December 1 and December 31 whether explicitly or implicitly.
- All orientations, ethnicities, pairings, and interpretations of “winter” are encouraged.
- All sub-genres and time periods welcome (contemporary, historical, paranormal, sci-fi, steampunk, you name it).
- All heat levels from sweet and romantic to down and dirty—as long as it is plot driven.
- HEA/HFN preferred, but not required.
- Stories up to 7,500 words
- Poetry is welcomed and encouraged
- No underage, no scat, no non-consent, no incest
Please use Times New Roman font, size 12, and double spaced with one inch margins. No extra lines between paragraphs. Set indentations to .5 – do not use tabs or spaces to indent. Use .docx, .doc .rtf formats only.
Only submit your final, best version of the story to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Under the Mistletoe insert your title insert your name”
Do not send multiple versions of the same story. Up to two stories/three poems will be considered from each author. Include your legal name (and pseudonym if applicable and be clear which one is which), mailing address, and up to 250 word bio. Do not paste your story into the body of your message.
You will be notified as to the status of your story by no later than October 1, 2016.
Coming Together is a non-profit organization, and all Coming Together authors and editors have generously donated their talents to various causes. Compensation for inclusion in this work is a PDF contributor copy of the finished product and your name on Santa’s Nice List (or Naughty, if that’s your preference). You retain all rights to your story. All proceeds go to Project Linus, which provides home-made blankets and hats to children in crisis.
Questions? Email me at email@example.com