Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fox's Mask

The Fox's Mask  

by Anna Frost is a delightful young adult story that inventively combines Japanese folklore about kitsune (foxes with magical powers) with an adventurous tale featuring a samurai warrior and his sidekick.  I enjoyed the lyrical nature of the story and the frequent twists in the story...especially the one at the end.  The combination of the mystical beliefs, self-deprecating humor and a nice cast of secondary characters made this an impressive debut.  This is the first story in a trilogy and I look forward to seeing what the inventive author comes up with in subsequent tales.  It is my understanding that the next book in the series is called The Fox's Quest and it will be available in 2013.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it has a lot of the qualities in a story that I look for. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, I was really impressed by the story, it was a fun read.

    ReplyDelete