Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Curse

The Curse 

by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love is part of the Belador series that started with Blood Trinity and continued with Alterant.  There always seems to be so much going on in these books that I feel like I am watching a three-ring circus...and I don't know where to look first.  There are plenty of different conflicts taking place and lots of people who don't trust each other, gods and goddesses who are demanding virtually impossible things (that make one wonder--if this is how they treat those who follow them, how do they treat the others).  The individual characters are fascinating and the tortured heroine is feeling her way along as she tries to overcome the traumas of her past but it's a little difficult watching her reactions to the various strong males who are demonstrating interest in her.  I absolutely adore the little gargoyle who is an amazing handful...it just tickles me to picture her tossing him lug nuts as treats.  This author pair has written yet another enjoyable story, it is just dense (like fruitcake?) with lots of little nuggets that can get frustrating as one waits (and waits, and waits) for them to resolve.

Anyway, if you haven't read the series...I highly suggest that you start at the beginning--and take notes, lol.  My Night Owl Review for The Curse is at this link, for Alterant is at this link, and for Blood Trinity (read this one first) is at this link.

                       

4 comments:

  1. I've read Blood Trinity and Alterant and found exactly what you described. I actually had to slow my reading down just so my brain could keep up with all that was going on. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review, I shall look out for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting! A different type of universe than yours but also very creative.

    ReplyDelete