Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving!

In the United States we celebrate Thanksgiving by having a hearty meal, hopefully with friends and family.  It is a day that is more stressful to some of us than others...whether because one is facing the daunting task of cooking an enormous fowl that is still frozen, traveling through uncertain weather to reach a dinner destination or the prospect of dealing with a slightly disconcerting friend or relative. 

Personally, I am disappointed that one of my brothers has not managed to span the abyss that developed between us with aftermath of the death of my stepmom but I am grateful that I have a supportive husband who has helped me get through some of my complicated emotions.  I am striving to be grateful that my mother-in-law maneuvered us into preparing a Thanksgiving meal although I daresay it will be unlike the one served in many households as there are only a few dishes that we prepare well...and turkey and dressing is not one of them, lol. 

Nonetheless, there are countless things that I have to be thankful for this year, among them the many new friends that I have made who share my love of reading who have encouraged me to share my opinions and enthusiasm for all of the wonderful authors out there.  I am thankful that there are so many warm and gracious people in the field and I truly appreciate all of the authors and others who are active in the publishing field who take the time to reach out to fans such as myself.  I wish all of you (whether you actually celebrate the holiday or not) the time and opportunity to remember to be grateful for the little things in life, not least of which is the ability to read this message and comprehend the good wishes that are sent to each and every one of you.

6 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for your sharing of your book reviews (and your personal musings, too!). I truly enjoy reading your blog posts: I think your reviews are well-written, thoughtful, and descriptive enough to pique my interest in the various genres that you review. Wishing you and your supportive husband an enjoyable Thanksgiving day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your very busy day to comment and you make me blush! Sorry to lose your comment temporarily...but my reply is better late than never (0:
      Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Hope you had a great day. My dad and step mom couldn't make it this year because my dad got the flu or food poisoning-not sure which and then his best friend died the night before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please extend my sympathies to your dad and I hope he feels better soon...I am sure that this put a bit of a damper on your own festivities but I hope you had a good meal nonetheless.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. Sorry to hear about your troubles and here's hoping things improve!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can only hope that tincture of time will heal things but disappointing and painful while it is ongoing. The meal actually went very well...and I managed to avoid burning anything so that is always a plus, lol. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete