Sunday, March 3, 2013

Birthday freebies! (and my ever expanding TBR pile)

I am blessed and cursed with having a birthday that is identical to that of my husband's mom.  This way he never can forget when it is...but often it means that we celebrate my birthday on a different day so that she can have the spotlight on the day itself.  I don't mind postponing my celebration but I DO expect to celebrate it...something that it took a minor eruption on my part to impress upon my dear husband about 12 years ago, lol.  (He finally apologized very prettily and I enjoyed quite a few boxes of See's candy throughout that year!)

But, as usual, I digress.  I tend to sign up for freebies and this is always a fun time of year for me because many eating establishments offer a birthday meal.  Some of them require that you purchase another meal (Black Angus, Hometown Buffet), any purchase (Baja Fresh), simply give you a free meal (Rubio's, Denny's, IHOP) or give a small incentive (Pick Up Stix) or a discount on your meal (Marie Callender's).  These are the offers that hit my mailbox this evening...about a week before the great day...it's even more entertaining because my husband's birthday is a week after mine...so we get twice the offers for some of the restaurants.  Lest you think that you have pinpointed what restaurants we tend to patronize, some of these offers came for the MIL!  We never get around to using all of the coupons but it's fun to have a wide variety to choose and I still expect a few more to appear over the next few days.  So, don't hesitate to fill out those little forms at your favorite restaurants...they do pay off sometimes!

I have been fortunate to have received multiple editing jobs over the past few weeks so I have pushed things aside to get them done therefore I am terribly behind in writing reviews.  Those which are nearest to being written up (i.e., I have read them but not done the review yet) are:

Maya Banks' Fever (an erotic, emotional tale written with her usual flair)
Roni Loren's Fall Into You (the first I have read by this author but I will certainly be on the lookout for other of her titles)
Jeri Smith-Ready's Lust for Live (the wonderful conclusion to her WVMP Radio series featuring vampire dj's)
Cowboy Lust ed. by Delilah Devlin (a nice collection of short erotic cowboy romance stories)
Diana Pharaoh Francis' Shadow City (an urban fantasy that I actually read to remind me of what happened before I read Blood Winter)
Delilah Devlin's In Too Deep (an erotic cowboy romance novella in her Triplehorn Brand series)
Elle James' The Witch's Initiation (a Harlequin Nocturne romance that I was pleasantly surprised by)
Vivian Arend's Rocky Mountain Rebel (okay, so I have been enjoying a lot of erotic cowboy romances, what can I say?)
Randi Alexander's Cowboy Jackpot:  St. Patrick's Day
Cheyenne McCray's Tying You Down



What can I say...it's an ADDICTION!

So...if you are an author and I have promised you a review...I will get there eventually...but don't hold your breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment