Friday, August 10, 2012

A Scandalous Scot and my favorite color in a new form

A Scandalous Scot 
by Karen Ranney is an entertaining historical romance that pits a somewhat klutzy down on her luck young woman who is serving as a maid against the scandal ridden lord of the castle where she and her sister are employed.  The quirky characters and the unusual look at the controversial concept of mercy killing make this a unique read but the seriousness of the subject is leavened by the author's ability to create a sensual and romantic tale.  The heroine constantly keeps the hero on his toes with her antics and he learns that he has to take some things a little less seriously if he is going to have her as a constant in his life.  My Amazon review is at this link under ELF2060.  I always appreciate a 'yes, this was helpful' vote if you are so inclined.


For those who don't know me, my absolute favorite color is sapphire blue.  I have a friend who maintains that I am unable to see any other color and I must admit that I am inexorably drawn to clothing that is blue, particularly a bright jewel-toned sapphire blue (and yes, my car is blue as well).  I was intrigued to be offered a selection of tea a couple of weeks ago that included one that was labeled as Sapphire Earl Grey and of course couldn't resist trying it.  You would think that as a reader I would pay attention to the entire title but I still was very startled and intrigued to see the hot water swirl with a deep blue color before it reverted to a more familiar dark brown color.  I, personally, couldn't distinguish a significant taste difference but that may be because I lace my tea liberally with honey and cream...but it sure did entertain me to watch that color change.  Drinking it...well, maybe I'll stick to liking blue in external things and keep my food in its natural hues.

2 comments:

  1. I love Earl Grey tea. Didn't know they made that kind, interesting.

    I like that color too but I think purple is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a long time to see the beauty in purple and lighter shades such as lavender but eventually I grew to like it as well. I also have discovered that I like the flavor of Lady Grey tea.

    ReplyDelete