Tuesday, August 21, 2012

All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye 

by Rob Thurman is somewhat of a departure from her other two series but is linked by the presence of more of the deeply passionate characters that this talented author conveys in her enthralling tales.  I have already been a fan of the Leandros brothers (Cal and Niko) and greatly enjoyed the twists and turns in the books featuring the Korsak brothers and this story just adds to my admiration for Ms Thurman.  I don't usually like books that shift back and forth between present and past, particularly when there is such significant violence sprinkled throughout the stories but I find myself making an exception for these because I find the characters so fascinating.  A common theme throughout all this author's books is being forced to make the best of a horrible situation and making a decision that will result in the least amount of damage for the most important survivors.  Several of the characters in this particular novel face these agonizing decisions.

I am fascinated by the idea of psychometry which is the ability to touch an inanimate object and get a read on the persons who have touched it.  This is a talent that the central character possesses and forces him to go to some lengths to avoid making readings inadvertently.  He is a prickly guy who has been through horrific tragedy and has tried to withdraw into himself but somehow has been forced to accept the occasional being who finds a way to breach his self-defensive armor.   Ms Thurman sprinkles clues throughout the story and gradually unfolds more and more details in an entertaining tale that continually ratchets up the suspense. My Amazon review is at this link under ELF2060.  As usual, a 'yes, this was helpful' vote is always appreciated.



The Leandros brothers books:

My Night Owl review for Doubletake is at this link.  Unfortunately, I am not completely current on the series but definitely will catch up one of these days.

                





The Korsak brothers set:
My Goodreads review for Chimera is at this link.
My Night Owl review for Basilisk is at this link.
 



Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment